I’m driven by challenges. Nothing fuels me more than a task that is not easily accomplished. Every puzzle is something to investigate and explore. I am passionate about creating simple solutions and clean semantic markup.
My background in design and illustration lends itself well to implementing attractive web applications and allows me to easily bridge the gap that can typically be found between design and development.
- HTML5 (haml)
- CSS3 (sass and less)
- TOOLS AND FRAMEWORKS
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
- Yeoman, Bootstrap
- Version control (Git, Perforce)
- CMS (Wordpress, Drupal)
- Strong oral and written skills
- Comfortable presenting to a large audience
- Scrum/Agile Development
MANAGER, WEB ENGINEERINGLogMeIn, Boston, MA
Assure successful execution of development responsibilities for LogMeIn's web projects. This includes active development and maintenance of the corporate, product, account signup sites.
- Provide technical oversight for a team of web engineers.
- Lead development efforts and architectural decisions on mission critical projects.
- Establish and maintain front-end best practices and version control strategies.
- Building the team by screening and hiring candidates.
- Plan performance goals and career development plans for team members.
SENIOR FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPERLogMeIn, Boston, MA
Focus on rebranding and optimizing LogMeIn product websites, while providing supplementary design direction and support.
- Work closely with the director of e-commerce to update sites based on business goals and targets
- Work with the marketing web team to establish front-end best practices and version control strategies
- Instruct marketing teams in image compression techniques
USER INTERFACE DEVELOPERTurbine / Warner Bros. Games, Needham, MA
Performed both design and front-end development tasks. Bridged communication between design teams and back-end development.
- Established standards for Turbine’s first responsive websites, educating the team on Bootstrap and fluid design methods
- Pushed for integration of user research and good UX practices to improve in-game experiences
- Created Drupal themes for lotro.com and infinitecrisis.com
- Designed and developed turbine.com and injustice.com
WEB DESIGNERNorthern Essex Community College, Haverhill MA
Lead web redesign projects for marketing micro-sites. Facilitated interaction between Marketing and IT to expedite web development. Trained staff in the use of Wordpress as a CMS. Offered creative and technical support to the Director of Online Communications.
- Researched, designed and implemented improvements to the college's digital presence, including the school’s first mobile website
- Guided the college and web team in the use of standards compliant markup and SEO techniques
WEBMASTERBoston Interactive, Boston, MA
Performed support and development on sites for clients such as Northeastern University, Kettle Cuisine, Genzyme Genetics, New England Coffee, Gentle Giant Moving Company, and Atlantic Power.
WEB DESIGNER, FREELANCENorthern Essex Community College, Haverhill MA
Redesigned the college's website for a more dynamic presentation of material. Brainstormed and implemented design solutions with project management. Helped migrate the website into a CMS for ease of use. Gave direction to other contract workers regarding design standards and redesign goals. Worked closely with faculty and staff to maintain updates to the content throughout the school year. Trained staff and faculty in the use of Wordpress as editors.
ILLUSTRATOR, FREELANCEWeldon Owen Publishing, San Francisco, CA
Illustrated frame-by-frame instructional content for Weldon Owen’s publication Show Me How.
DESIGNERLiquidbits, Cambridge MA
Designed materials for a start-up game company's corporate identity and investment presentations. Created character designs and other game elements to support product development. Supported the management team in investor presentations and events.
DESIGN INTERNThe Aloft Group, Newburyport, MA
Designed website elements for marketing podcasts. Collaborated with team members to create innovative and unique ideas for mailers, web, and other advertising media for clients. Designed and produced materials for Aloft’s corporate identity and other branding.
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Illustration, 2005
- Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University (CDIABU) Graphic and Web Design, 2008